EMBODYOGA®: Yoga From The Inside Out
200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM IN UNIONVILLE, CT
- Increase self-knowledge, acceptance and love through “embodied-inquiry”, asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophical study. Our EMBODYOGA® programs are well-rounded, in-depth studies of yoga with an emphasis on personal embodiment as the basis for becoming a yoga teacher and deepening your experience of yoga.
- Discover “whole–body–support” templates for strong, comfortable, injury free asana practice.
- Learn to weave postures, breath and movement into progressive depths of experience.
- Discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness.
- Develop a depth and beauty in your yoga practice that remains constant when you step off the mat and into your daily life.
- Learn to share this experience with others through teaching.
TEACHING PRINCIPLES INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration & Touch
- Art and Science of Sequencing
- Planning and Teaching Classes
- Principles of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
- The 9 Month format consists of all 4 Modules. Modules 1 & 2 define our 100-hour Immersion program. Modules 3 & 4 complete the 200-hours needed for teacher training.
- Fluid Body Movement Fundamentals—Cellular Breathing through Navel Radiation
- Spinal Anatomy and the Principle of a Calm and Mobile Spine
- Discriminating Core from Periphery in Body and Mind—Finding Union
- Standing Postures 1– Our Foundation: Pelvis, Legs & Feet
- Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutations & Vinyasa
- 3 Pillars of Embodyoga® and Movement Principles
- Pit of the Belly and Embodying Core
- Musculoskeletal Correlations of Foot through to Pelvis
- Ease in the Iliopsoas Complex
- Relational Movement—Yield, Push, Reach, and Pull
- Inversions 1: Shoulderstand & Handstand
- Pranayama 1
- Yoga Nidra: Tantric Technique for Deep Rest
- Philosophy: History of Yoga and Intro to the Sutras
- Standing Postures 2 – Dynamics & Alignment
- Integrating Upper & Lower Body
- Ribs, Shoulder Girdle, Arms and Hands: Alignment & Integrated Movement
- Lower Back Fundamentals: Sacroiliac & Lumbar Health
- Seated, Standing, and Supine Forward Bends
- Lungs, Nasal Conchas, and the Breathing and Pelvic Diaphragms
- The Organ Body
- Pranayama 2
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Cultivating a Rewarding Personal Practice
- Philosophy – Continuing Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Principles of Backbends 1—Musculoskeletal, Organ, & Glandular Support
- Arm Balances 1
- Twists and Hip Openers 1
- Inversions 2: Headstand and Shoulderstand Cycle
- Pranayama 3
- Bandhas – Integrating Core
- The Kosas: Spiralic Sheaths of Awareness
- Philosophy – Continuing Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice
- Teaching Gentle, Moderate, and Vigorous Embodyoga®
- Precision Vinyasa — Flow and Hold
- Balancing Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous Systems
- Temporal-Mandibular Joint, the Skull, and Soft Palate
- Backbends 2
- Twists, Hips and Arm Balances 2
- Pranayama 4
- Restorative Yoga
- Nadis and Kundalini
- Chakras and Neuroendocrine System
- Philosophy: Tantra and Integral Yoga
Please email us if you have any questions about Teacher Training.